Preparing, strengthening, restoring marriages and families
At a Time To Heal, we provide professional counseling and coaching services to individuals, couples and families. Here are some common treatment areas:
Depression, low self-esteem, anxiety/panic, adjustment issues, grief, job stress, spirituality, compassion fatigue, relationships, codependency, family of origin issues, and money issues.
Men and Women
Abuse and trauma recovery, depression, phase of life issues, abortion recovery, coping with the stress of infertility, conflict resolution, identity issues, and procrastination.
Clergy and Spouses
Depression, burnout, boundary issues, and family stress.
Marriage counseling, premarital counseling, separation, divorce recovery, infidelity and codependency.
Family therapy and blended families.
Call today to schedule your appointment, 941-376-9355.
- Couple to Couple Therapy – open, honest communication is important for healthy relationships. Learn the techniques for effective communication to strengthen your interpersonal relationships.
- Individual Therapy – we can help you create a customized plan for resolving personal problems and issues. By discussing your needs and goals, we can use a tailored approach to help you work through challenges in a caring, safe, and confidential environment.
- Phone Sessions – are available for out of town clients and clients in immediate need of counseling.
- Coaching – Our coaches provide training, advice and guidance to hlep you reach your full potential and achieve your goals.
- Family Counseling – we can provide the necessary tools for problem solving and conflict resolution that will help build and strengthen your family life.
- Intensives – an opportunity to learn to manage conflict for couples that need in depth counseling or on the brink of divorce. Restoring hope by taking one more step to transform your marriage.
- Workshops – for couples beginning a relationship, in a good relationship or in need of restoring a connection that want to build a strong foundation for a healthy, thriving relationship.
- Business Consulting – We help you identify solutions to the challenges faced with operating your business using a team approach.
Is your relationship or marriage in turmoil?
Couples often wait an average of six years from the time they experience problems in their relationships before they get help from a relationship coach or marriage counselor. About 50% of first marriages end in divorce and only 37 percent of couples who divorced ever seek any type of counseling (Johnson et al.,2002).
Are there any warning signs in your relationship or marriage that a separation or divorce may be possible in your future?
· Growing apart and losing a sense of closeness
· Not feeling loved, appreciated or respected
· Keeping a “mental slate” or “tit for tat” attitude
· Problems with sexual intimacy
· High levels of conflict and/or tension in the relationship
· Loneliness and leading parallel lives
· Presence of Gottman’s “Four Horsemen”
Do any of these symptoms sound familiar?
By participating in the Seven Principles Program, couples are encouraged to seek help!
What is the Seven Principles Program developed by Dr. Gottman? This program provides couples with practical tools to enhance and improve their relationships.The Gottman Method was developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman and combines more than 40 years of couples research and clinical practice. As summarized by the Gottman Institue, the Gottman Method is a goal-oriented and scientifically based method of therapy that uses research-based interventions and exercises to help couples break through barriers in an effort to achieve greater understanding, connection and intimacy.
Gottman Method Couples Therapy was developed out of this research to help couples:
-Increase respect, affection, and closeness
-Break through and resolve conflict when they feel stuck
-Generate greater understanding between partners
-Keep conflict discussions calm
Research shows that to make a relationship last, couples must become better friends, learn to manage conflict, and create ways to support each other’s hopes for the future. Drs. John and Julie Gottman have shown how couples can accomplish this by paying attention to what they call the Sound Relationship House, or the seven components of healthy couples.
Call today to schedule your appointment to discuss couples therapy, 941-376-9355.